- 8 bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large baking dish and arrange peppers standing up.
2. Transfer to preheated oven and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
3. In a large saucepan over med-high heat, cook turkey until well browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer turkey to a platter, cover to keep warm and set aside.
4. Add rice, water, beans, and tomatoes to the pan, give it a good stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir turkey and 1/2 cup of cheese into the pan. Spoon mixture into the peppers and top with remaining cheese.
Photo courtesy of www.eatyourselfskinny.com
Watch our video on how to make this recipe!
Consider these gifts: Your time, money, and food.
Register for an interview to receive food free-of-charge.
Join the team of volunteers who make it all possible.